Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Orleans Trip

 This is going to be a picture blog because how better can I possibly describe things!??! I got to take a bath in this!! I've seen them before on TV and pictures, but seriously.. I got to do it myself. One weird thing - when you start draining it out, IT'S LOUD!! Just saying...

The best thing in New Orleans is the FOOD. Seriously.. SO GOOD.
This is a MUFFALETTA.. I can't describe the taste of this sandwich. It is simply tasty.
Cafe Du Monde - Evidently the yummiest place to get a beignet. It's a famous place :) 
 These powdered sugar covered things are beignet's. So, there ya go! We had them two different places.


 There is always live music every where you go. But this band had a dog that would just sit there and they put sunglasses on him. SUPER CUTE!
The puppy must have been very well trained or drugged.. I didn't know and I didn't ask.
 Jackson's Square and a voodoo shop. Interesting eh?
Not supposed to take pictures inside so I snapped this.. I was kind of weary about it, but I just had to.. : /
 Now, here's to the really fun stuff. Mary Kay feeds us so well! This cheesecake was absolutely to DIE FOR. All of it really.. even the greens :) It was really the dressing we had to put on it, but all in all.. such a good meal! FOR FREE :) Love my job.






We were treated to a HUGE Mardi Gras party and unfortunately didn't take a ton of pictures, but there was a live band as we were walking in and another one inside. They brought tons of people on stage intermittently to do stuff. And food stations were everywhere (of course).










This is a memorial of Katrina. Someone asked if the house was real. I won't mention who :)

 Sweet car on the side of the road.. who wouldn't take a picture?
 This is a Po-Boy sandwich.. also very yummy. A little spicy, but it was good!




We also had some fried alligator. It's actually pretty good. I was surprised. It taste like chicken but a little more chewy and a lot more moist.

Notice that they actually call New Orleans N'awlins. I thought that was funny. I mean some of them talk like that but I didn't actually think they would spell it like that too. Nola and I laughed. Oh and Nola is another name for New Orleans. So, this restaurant is called NOLA cookery :)


No comments:

Post a Comment