Monday, June 2, 2014

Dreams and Logistics

Have you ever seen the movie "Safe Haven?" And if you have, did you ever think that would be such a fun lifestyle? Such a cute fantasy with small towns, beaches, bike riding, and canoeing. I saw it and seriously thought.. that's the life right there!
It came on TV at my parents house the other day when we were over doing laundry. Yeah... we don't have a washer and dryer at the moment. :) My thoughts reverted back to what they had been the first time I watched it. But as I was watching the movie I was thinking about my own life and what I really like about it. Honestly, sometimes other people's lives appear to be so amazing and simple. But they didn't talk about any financial troubles anyone was having or the economy going down. They did show some family troubles, but it all works out in the end right?
I started thinking about my life. I have a job that I LOVE! I am earning my 2nd FREE car. I have a great husband who would do pretty much anything for me. We are moving to a place I've never been (I love doing that by the way), and he's going to be a doctor. We have two beautiful dogs that I love to go on walks with. My life is GREAT!!
I will often times let myself ponder on what could be if I was in a different situation, but you know what I realized? I will never be content having a simple slow lovely life. I was meant to do more in this world. I was meant to make a difference. And as much as a simple, beautiful life appeals to me - I know I would get bored. I would always search for more because that's who I am.
I do believe I may always envy people who can sit on their porch all day with an "ice cold cherry coke," playing guitar, saying hi to their neighbors and that is their biggest worry in life... who to talk to today. :) But I know it could never be mine. I love the thought of it, but my love for making a huge impact in this world and inspiring women to do the same is way bigger than that.
Don't get me wrong though! I enjoy my days when I'm not doing anything. I love being outdoors and being in the mountains. I can do all those things because I create my life exactly the way I want it.. and I get paid good money to do it.
Work Hard Play Hard!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment