Saturday, December 3, 2016

Glue

I realize that me being up at two in the morning is not going to pay off tomorrow. But how do you sleep when you have so much on your mind?

My life goes by in months. I focus on a month at a time and I try to make each one better than the last. I want this month to be amazing, but I'm allowing other things to hold me back. I thought I was busy when I was in school. Then I thought my life was more busy when I had a "real" job and was married. Now I have a baby in the mix and it's even more so. It makes me giggle inside when I hear college students tell me they have no time. Man, if I could only go back and have that much free time again!

This month, I challenged myself to make sure I pray and read my scriptures each day. I used to do it consistently. I never missed a day all the way from high school up until about 6 months after I got married (at the age of 27). I feel like that will make a difference in how things are going. I almost forgot today, but I remembered eventually and made time for it. It's only day 3! Why is this such a struggle?

Struggles always happen, but there are always certain things you can count on and one of those things is yourself. You can be the glue that holds things together. You can be the one to never let yourself off the hook. You can be the inspiration to yourself and make sure you show up when you need to. You are the person you can always count on to be consistent when everything else feels chaotic. If you really believe in yourself that much and hold yourself to a higher standard, you can make yourself whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment